Central Heating Motorized and mechanical valves

Motorized valves are fitted into the pipework circuits and open and close in accordance with programme settings. The motorized valve can be of the three-port type, swinging between hot water and central heating, in accordance with demands, or the in-line motorized valve. Two of the latter are normally needed, one in the heating pipework and the other in the hot-water supply pipe.

In a pumped-primary circuit, for example, where hot water is in circuit with heating circulation, only heating needs isolating when hot water alone is needed.

A relay box is sometimes used to coordinate various controls-room thermostat, boiler thermostat and controls, programmer, motorized valves and cylinder thermostat-the electrically controlled and the independent mechanical, bellows type.

10. November 2011 by admin
Categories: Featured, Handyman Tips | Tags: , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Central Heating Motorized and mechanical valves


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: